GibbsCAM VoluMill, Dynamic Milling
This new technology is a revolution, in comparison with traditional milling strategies (pocketing, facing and similar). VoluMill is fully integrated in GibbsCAM and Associative to the shape it is machining, change the shape and toolpath is updated.
Milling with constant load
Because of VoluMill's abiliity to vary feedrates based on the volume that the tool is removing at each cut, the load on tool & spindle kan be kept almost constant, even when performing aggressive material removal with high feedrates. The embedded "sidecut only" technology allows you to machine pockets with large cutdepths / small sidesteps, which results in a number of advantages. Since the entire tool flutelength is used heat is transferred much more effectively from the tool. Toolwear occurs on the entire flutelength as opposed to "tooltip" only (in traditional pocketing).
- Shorter Machiningtime (30-70% timesavings is typical)
- Extended Tool-life (especially when machining in hard/hardened materials)
- Even Spindle load, low wear on machinetool (traditional machining often results in "spindleload-peaks")
- Soft, HSM toolpath (tangential arcmoves, perfect for HighSpeedMachining)
- HiFeed between cuts (minimizes air-cutting time)